Monday, September 3, 2012

High Tea at my place

I held a high tea at my house today.  It is a long weekend holiday but I was busy working and so there was little time to prepare anything.  I went to Urban Tea Merchant to get the TWG macarons and then next store to Thierry's to get more macarons, nougets, french Madeleine, Pistachio tea cake etc.  I also brought in the chocolate bombs that I made: blue Curacao and Passionfruit.  We have some Vietnamese spring roll and french bean salad to start along with Hawaiian cocktail punch.  Then the sweets are accompanied by Lily of the Valley White Tea from Mariage Freres of France, and Soursop Black Tea from NY.  TWG macarons are so good, perfect in texture and generous with the fillings of ganache.  Thierry's macarons are more soft in the inside with the buttercream fillings.
Then we also have Japanese tea ceremony of matcha with dried confections of rakugan.


No comments: